Powering Wisconsin is a member-led coalition aimed at advancing renewable energy solutions that move Wisconsin toward increased sustainability while spurring economic development and protecting private property rights.
One solution is clear as day: solar power creates jobs, drives innovation, and strengthens our economy as a key player in moving the Midwest toward a renewable energy future.
Strong storage infrastructure can bring down energy costs by increasing grid efficiency and improving reliability and flexibility.
The most cost efficient source of renewable energy, wind power moves the Midwest toward a renewable energy future.
Renewable Energy Creates Clean
Jobs in Wisconsin
- Clean energy jobs now outnumber fossil fuel jobs in the United States, and more jobs are being created right here in the Midwest.
- Clean Energy is creating new jobs, new businesses, and new economic development in Wisconsin.
- More than 70,000 Wisconsinites already have well-paid, family-supporting jobs in clean energy.
Renewable Energy is Compatible with
Traditional Farming in Wisconsin
- Wind and solar are compatible and profitable ways farmers can grow their businesses, support their families, and be the stewards of their land.
- Renewable energy sources can be harvested all year long—increasing efficiency and providing another income source for farmers.
- Farming can take place right up to the base of a wind turbine.
- Big Government limiting the use of a farmer’s land infringes on their property rights. Farmers are the best stewards of their own land.
- Wind and solar are reliable, drought-proof, high-yield cash crops that can produce for decades at a time without expensive inputs like fertilizers and irrigation, helping landowners diversify their income portfolio and ensure their livelihood.
- The use of ground-cover crops that attract bees and butterflies is increasingly common in solar farms and has been shown to help improve yields of nearby crops. In addition, temporarily using land for energy production can help rejuvenate the soil for future farming use.
Renewable Energy is Clean, Affordable, and Reliable
- Homegrown energy in the Midwest helps power our homes 24/7/365.
- Solar prices have decreased 40% in the last five years, making it one of the cheapest renewable energy sources on the market.
- Investments in renewable energy help create thousands of jobs right here in Wisconsin. Energy storage helps maintain a reliable grid. Stored energy can be released on short notice to meet changing energy needs.
- Energy storage through renewable sources reduces the amount of wasted energy and saves consumers money. Energy storage helps capture clean energy when demand is low, and releasing it when demand is high, helping to reduce waste and save consumers money.
Clean Energy has Bipartisan Support
"Solar energy has become an important option for Iowa farmers, businesses and homeowners to manage their energy future."
Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-IA)
"You can have fossil fuels while at the very same time be leaders in renewable energy."
Gov. Greg Abbot (R-TX)
"Clean energy projects like Mammoth Solar will be critical to our energy source portfolio and to powering leading industries like agbiosciences and the advanced manufacturing as we seek to grow and attract them both. We’ll do this as we simultaneously work to increase the quality of life and place in our neighborhoods and communities for years to come."
Gov. Eric Holcomb (R-IN)
"By expanding and speeding up production of cheaper, cleaner energy like wind and solar here in Wisconsin, we can keep our money here at home rather than relying on unpredictable markets often disrupted by foreign leaders and conflicts."
Gov. Tony Evers (D-WI)
Get In Touch
Feel free to contact us via the form below. We’ll review your questions and feedback, and we look forward to talking with you.
"*" indicates required fields